Ohio Valley Hospital | Kennedy Township, Pennsylvania
Ohio Valley Hospital had no pharmacy staff from 9:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. and was seeing over 500 pharmacy overrides per month.
Learn how they used telepharmacy to make a bigger impact on patient care while keeping costs down, and earned a seat at the table with the P&T Committee.
Ohio Valley Hospital (OVH), like many hospitals, is active in its pursuit of continued patient safety and growth of its patient focused clinical programs. With cabinet overrides at an unsafe level and no nighttime staff, the pharmacy team knew they had to do something different.
See how the Ohio Valley Hospital pharmacy team:
- Quickly achieved 24/7 pharmacy coverage for CPOE implementation
- Decreased medication cabinet overrides by 85%
- Implemented three new pharmacy-led clinical initiatives
- Reduced pharmacist overtime hours
- Saved more than 50% compared with FTE staffing