Cape Regional Medical Center | Cape May Court House, New Jersey
When the Cape Regional Medical Center pharmacy team decentralized, they discovered a challenge in staffing they didn’t expect.
Learn how telepharmacy helped onsite and remote pharmacists work together during the day to achieve their patient goals—while still saving on the bottom line.
Patient outcomes have always been a priority for the progressive pharmacy team at CRMC. Antibiotic stewardship, pharmacy managed drug protocols, and an outpatient Coumadin clinic are just the beginning. However, when extra expertise was needed to manage central pharmacy surges, they realized something unexpected.
Learn how CRMC used telepharmacy to:
- Fill a gap in pharmacy coverage created by new clinical goals
- Review medication orders from the ED
- Supplement their onsite team during surges in medication orders
- Free up onsite pharmacists to deliver discharge counseling for 17% of patients and growing
- Enable onsite team to grow their skills and extend their career paths