Rome Memorial Hospital | Rome, New York
When Rome Memorial Hospital implemented their EMR, they had no idea that the coverage gaps it exposed would lead to a fresh approach to patient care.
Learn how the pharmacy team leveraged telepharmacy technologies and services, broke with status quo and ushered a new era for care delivery.
Leading the pharmacy team is Director of Pharmacy, Scott Burns, R.Ph., who is known for pushing the boundaries to create more meaningful patient care. His philosophy? The more you simplify your process, the more time you’ll have with patients.
Learn how the Rome Memorial Hospital pharmacy team:
- Quickly achieved 24/7 pharmacy coverage for CPOE implementation
- Covered the night shift to provide prospective 24/7 medication order review
- Provided spot coverage for staff meetings to ensure full engagement
- Adopted a new telepharmacy platform for in-house staff for better consistency and to replace Pyxis Connect
- Improved pharmacy-nursing collaboration and partner with clinical staff
- Freed up staff to expand clinical services and improve patient care